Thursday, December 23, 2010

O Tannenbaum

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!

(O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure dost thou bring me!)

Our new, sleeker trim line tree has decorations of red and white that have came about purely by mistake. It is adorned in homemade (school made) ornaments of the children. This cute Santa was made by The Big C when he was 7.

This porcelain doll is about 8 inches tall. My Grandma had a tree solely decorated with dolls and she gave one to each granddaughter to remember her. So this doll is one of my most cherished tree decorations.

The same wonderful grandma made me this tree skirt. It is pieced and quilted and hand-crafted with love. She is/was my hero!

Our tree also has an abundance of snowmen and a few 'snowball' ornaments. One day all these ornaments will be divided and given to my 4 children and I will have a Non-Kid-Friendly Tree. But this one is full of memories and nostalgia...and it makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Wie oft hat schon zur Winterzeit
Ein Baum von dir mich hoch erfreut!
O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!

(For ev’ry year the Christmas tree,
Brings to us all both joy and glee.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure dost thou bring me!)

Merry Christmas!
~jan

1 comment:

  1. HEEEY Guuuuurlz! Love you blog! LOVE! L.O.V.E.!!! So fun! I found you at ,uuuuuuu, ANYHOO...another Linky PAR-TAY! I would LUUUUUUUURVE if you would come join my 'Whassup' Linky!!! Im your NEWEST follower!!! If you like my blog...id BEYOND ADORE you to follow back :0)

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?