Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Contest Part 2

Remember the contest I was participating in at work a few weeks ago? Well, we had the judging this week and here are the results.

The rules were that we had to use {at least part of} everything in the bag we were given

to decorate the CD on one side only. We were not allowed to add anything other than glue or tape, and not allowed to write on any of the objects.

Eighteen people (out of 21) participated. Our office door is well and truly decorated. See?


I went with a floral theme. I cut out poinsettia looking flowers and tried to incorporate all the rest of the crap I mean stuff they gave us. Here's what I came up with

I was feeling pretty good about my design until I saw everyone elses...

Our boss did a self-portrait (he does stand-up paddle boarding everyday before work)

Dean's was my favorite. I love the little bunny and the perfectly shaped gift box.

Our co-workers from across the hall chose the winners. Mike's surfing Santa won 3rd place.


Edwin's 3-D bearded Santa took 2nd.
And the surprise first place winner was Paul, with an (almost) life-sized Christmas stocking!

It was fun to see everyone's creations and I was excited that so many people were such good sports about participating. Living on a tropical island is not always conducive to a Christmas spirit, so thanks to my co-workers who planned and prepared this one for us. 

Mele Kalikimaka!

Lorie

P.S. Hau'oli lā hānau (Happy Birthday!) to my sweet baboo. I love you, babe!

1 comment:

  1. The others were pretty cute, but I thought yours was really pretty. Kudos, mama :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?