Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Years Traditions

New years day in our family is one of the most gluttonous days of the year!
Its the last day of the *holiday* season that I gorge myself and then of course renew my goal{s} toward a healthier me.
We make a delightful spread for our table and then feast all afternoon as we watch 3 consecutive movies {new releases of course!}
This year we are watching: Knight & Day, Inception and Eat,Pray,Love. 
Im super excited to FINALLY get some much needed relax time 
and to watch these anticipated films!
There are SO many recipes that I love to make and eat during our movie-fest but, 
for the sake of time I am only including one recipe. 
I crave this recipe insanely but, 
only allow myself to have it on rare occasions for it. is. fattening!!!! 
Bring on the cream cheese!!

 Blazing Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe


Ingredients:
16 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces hot sauce
1 cup chopped/shredded cooked boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese,
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping
tortilla scoops
celery sticks

 Directions:
 Combine cream cheese and hot sauce. 
Heat in microwave/stove until cream cheese is melted. Stir. 
Add celery, chicken and cheese.

Mix together and transfer to a baking dish. 
Top with more cheese. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks. Enjoy!


Whats your New Years traditions???
-Amanda

we link to these parties.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, I make a similar recipe and it has been a while. Looks delicious! I am tempted to get started on it now, but I love the idea of a new years tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just like buffalo chicken dip minus the blue cheese. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a taco dip that we eat every new year (and only on new years eve!) -- we love these traditions.

    This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! My hubby would love this!

    I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday posting later today to share one of your fabulous recipes! Hope to see you there each and every week :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?