Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rock. Paper. Mod Podge?

You were thinkin scissors weren't you...well folks that's not an option here!
...I mean, it could be if you have super dexterity ablilties but, I sure don't.
That is why I have a Cricut, it handles all the cutting for me!


ANYWAYS...
On to the Rockin' project:]
{So cheesy, I know!}
 My house was in need of some street numbers that were more visible from the road. 
I came up with a simple solution using 'tools' I already had...
Rock.
Paper.
Mod Podge.

I used a large rock that was sitting sadly in the corner of the yard, holding down the weeds that are spreading from next door. {Grr}

I sprayed it down with the hose and then covered that sucker with generous amounts of mod podge. {it was easier than running to the store for some high gloss spray paint.} 
AND... it gave it the same effect...shiny and polished :]


While it was still wet I added the numbers {cut by my cricut} and topped the paper numbers with extra mod podge...those digits are NEVER coming off that rock!

Then I let the not so sad rock dry and gave it a new home in the front yard, in my newly planted flower garden.
{Notice it has rather nice company...I heart my gnome.}


You cant really tell just how polished my rock is but, trust me...its stellar!
Now, no one will ever doubt that I live at 1396...Never, ever:]
Happy Saturday & Happy Crafting!
-Amanda

Please click our link party button to see who we love to link up with!
Visit thecsiproject.com

13 comments:

  1. Very creative! I wouldn't have thought that Mod Podge and a rock would go together!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! so simple and creative (and cheap)..some of my favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and so stylish!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over here from Funky Junk. This is so great! Who knew Mod Podge was for rocks too?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! Love this idea =) Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These is a great idea - kinda like my blog name, except on a real rock! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this idea! Don't you look at every single surface and say, "Ya, I could Mod Podge that!" Great font too ... what is it?

    Jules from bles-id.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great and clever idea. This looks marvelous!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this! Rocks are always in abundance and are wonderful to use for crafts! I just posted a rock collage on my blog, just Lu. :)

    Stopping by from Saturday is Crafty Day (last week... catching up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you really can mod podge anything! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love that you used a lonely rock in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this, I didn't realize mod podge would stand up to the rain and snow though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this!!!! I have some lonley rocks in my yard too.

    Also, my hubby works at a rock quarry and he can bring me lots of interesting shaped rocks. Oh the possibilities. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?