Friday, August 20, 2010

Delicious Dilly Dip

Like so many folks these days, my hubby and I are cutting back where we can to make ends meet. One of the first and most obvious ways to save a bit of money is by bringing a lunch to work, instead of eating out. But eating the same old thing day after day can be soooo boring. One thing I like to do to keep things interesting is to pack some crunchy veggies with a tangy dip. Here's one I've been making for a while that we really like.
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (I use both light sour cream and light mayo)
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 2 tsp dried dill weed **
  • 2 tsp dried onion flakes
Mix all the ingredients together and chill. Serve with your favorite raw vegetables, bread dippers or your favorite chips.




** Dried dill can be quite costly in the grocery store. I found it in bulk at a local health food store and it's much cheaper that way. I'm also working on an herb garden and hope to be growing my own soon.


Lorie




sharing at some of these parties

12 comments:

  1. I love dill! Can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dill dip. It is my favorite. Thanks for a great recipe and for saving me some money!! Love this blog, now following!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love dill dip!
    One of my goals for next year is an herb garden of my own ;-)
    Thanks for linking up your yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, sounds great!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely dip recipe - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great one to have when I don't have that pounch on hand. Thanks for sharing and linkin up for tasty tuesdays!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! We'll have to try this-I love dip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'll have to try this!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I linked this up to my Top 5 feature today, please grab a button if you'd like! Love this dip! :) Heather at 500dollarwedding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?