Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ode to Tin Boxes

             Oh, Tin Boxes how I love to decorate you!
In various colors...green, pink and blue.


With you I can create so many wonderful things.
A holder of recipes, or my necklaces & rings.


Or perhaps filled with treats for potty training,
or homemade greeting cards for relationship maintaining.


Or as an emergency kit in the back of my car,
Band aids and neosporin never be far!


The possibilities with you are endless.
You make my craft room a hot mess!
But none.the.less... 

Tin Boxes,
I HEART YOU!

Enjoy crafting your tin boxes!!!

-Amanda







NightOwlCrafting


1. Have you ever broke a bone or anything on your body?
I got a slight fracture to my right hip in high school during a dance competition...It was humilitaing!
It was also a good thing because I learned that my bone density is that of a woman twice my age! 
Now I know how to make my body absorb calcium. 
Im lucky I havent had more breaks!

2. What is your favorite drink?
Ice cold water! Unless, Im eating mexican food {my fav!} Then, I HAVE to have a Pepsi:)

3. When is your birthday! You don't have to tell the year you were born!
April 23! This past birthday was special cuz I turned 23 on the 23rd!

4. Do you have an allergies?
YES! And they are fairly recent discoveries. I have Celiac disease {allergy to gluten} and a severe lactose intolerance.

5. What is one of your all time favorite movies?
I used to know all the lines in Sweet Home Alabama! 
I also LOVE The Little Mermaid...Ahh childhood memories:]


Link Parties We Participate In


Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties


Handmade Monday @ Olga's Home & Garden Mouthwatering Monday @ A Southern Fairytale Made It Monday @ The Persimmon Perch Made By You Monday @ Skip To My Lou Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do It's So Very Creative Monday @ It's So Very Cheri Mad Skills Monday @ Moms With Boys Blue Monday @ Smiling Sally Mosaic Monday @ Dear Little Red House Mellow Yellow Monday I Made It Without My Hubby @ Shanty 2 Chic DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on The Porch Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative Modern Craftswoman Monday @ Tools Are For Women Too! Making the World Cuter Mondays @ Making the World Cuter Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff Marketing Monday @ Santa's Gift Shoppe Homemaker Mondays @ 11th Heaven Creative Share @ The Trendy Treehouse Show Me How @ It's a Blog Party! ~~~ Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow Tot Tuesday @ My Delicious Ambiguity Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm Anything Related @ All Thingz Related Tutorial Tuesday @ Hope Studios Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting Trash To Treasure @ Reinvented Letting the Creative Juices Flow @ These Creative Juices Boardwalk Bragfest @ Bobby Pins Boardwalk Talented Tuesday @ My Frugal Family Transform Tuesday @ The Pumpkin Patch Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed With Grace Tuesdays at the Table @ All The Small Stuff Tuesday Tastes @ Crazy Daisy Tasty Tuesday @ A Beautiful Mess Delicious Dish @ It's A Blog Party Tip Me Tuesday @ Tip Junkie Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays @ New Nostalgia Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee-Craft Edition Creative Share @ The Trendy Treehouse ~~~ Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design  Show Us What You're Working With @ Me & My Bucket  Link Love @ Tea Rose Home Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer  Centerpiece Party @ Style Sisters Sugar & Spice @ 733   Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking  Idea Sharing Wednesday @ Women Who Do It All Make it Yours Day @ My Backyard Eden  Spotlight Yourself @ It's So Very Cheri Creative Therapy @ Life in the Pitts Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts Look What I Made @ Creations by Kara  I Made it Without My Hubby @ Shanty 2 Chic We Did It! Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado ~~~ Show off Your Stuff @ Fireflies and Jellybeans Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville Hooking Up @ HoH I Made It! @ Everything Etsy Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage Fabric Fun @ Cheap Chic Home We Can Do It Cheaper! @ The Virginia House It's Stinkin Cute @ Its' Sew Stinkin Cute Under $100 @ Beyond the Picket Fence Frogs & Snails @ 733 It's Party Time! @ Pony Tails & Fish Scales DIY Tutorials @ Fine Craft Guild Make It, Wear It @ The Train To Crazy Get Your Craft On @ Life AS Lori Look @ Me! @ Fun to Craft ~~~ Sew & Tell @ Amy Lou Who Home & Family Friday @ Home is Where My Story Begins Finished for Friday @ Lit & Laundry Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of My Favorite Things Show & Tell @ My Romantic Home Frugalicious Friday @ Decor Momma I'm Lovin It! @ Tidy Mom Flaunt It Friday! @ Chic on a Shoestring Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge It's A HodgePodge Friday @ It's a HodgePodge Life Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Plant a Punkin Seed @ Punkin Seed Productions Show & Share Day @ Just a Girl We Made It Friday @ Ramblings of a Crazy Woman Victory of the Week @ Design-A-Holic Furniture Feature @Miss Mustard Seed Foodie Friday @ Pumpkin Patch Designs Vegetarian Foodie Friday @ Breastfeeding Moms Unite Make Mine Beautiful @ It's a Blog Party! ~~~ Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors Check Me Out Saturday @ I Am Only 1 Woman Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime Saturday Soiree @ A Little Lovely It's So Very Thrifty @ It's so Very Cheri Share Your Faves @ It's a Blog Party Weekend Wrap Up @ Tater Tots and Jello Saturday Spotlight @ Craft Envy

25 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list of blog parties. Thanks for posting. Pepsi seems to be a popular beverage today. Too bad about celiac, although it isn't as difficult to live with as a decade ago. We have a grocery store only two blocks from our house dedicated solely to gluten free products. She's busy all the time, and her prices are not horrible. I think it's called Janelle's. She's online, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Home Alabama made my list, too! LOVE that movie. :) Visiting from Hoo Are You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Where do you get yours? I'd love to decorate some with my new Cricut. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweet home alabama too! I used to watch it in the middle of the night when my son was a newbie. Thanks for visiting over at my junk drawer. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your blog today. The pinecone tree ring is something that is going to happen in my yard! I am going to place your button on my sight.
    I would love for you to take a look at my site. If you like what you see... grab my button. Thanks Mechelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love tin boxes. You are right, the possibilities are endless. These are so pretty, you Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable tin boxes! Love all your ideas for them - cool poem too!
    I'd love if you linked up to my Scrappy Saturdays! http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2010/07/20th-scrappy-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tin boxes! I'll hope you'll share them at my Pretty Packages Party in August!
    Smiles!!!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "ode" as much as the boxes. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so pretty.

    Thank you for participating in the Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now *I* want to start decorating tin boxes! So cute. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and crafty! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Hugs,

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Who doesn't love tin~ And boxing and organizing? These are very cute. Thanks for linking up to topsy turvy tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love the ode to tin boxes as well!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also love tins. Thanks for some inspiration. Your blog list is the biggest I think I've seen.

    I’m having a new link party “Cheap Thrills Thursday” starting the 29th. It’s for creative ideas that cost under $20. If you have a project you’d like to share, I’d love for you to stop by and join in!
    Kat
    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those look great! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just adorable! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad you stopped by the Pretty Packages Party and shared these super cute tins!
    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have always loved those lunchpail type tins. I have one that a friend did for me for a recipe box. It works really well for that!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?