Thursday, July 15, 2010

Easy Scrumptious Breakfast

This is an easy, semi-homemade quiche recipe that is a snap to prepare. It is great served at a brunch or luncheon with some mini-muffins and fruit.

Easy Cheesy Quiche – Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 chopped mushrooms
4 oz. Swiss cheese
4 oz. grated Parmesan (not the dried in a can kind)
1 - 9 inch frozen pie crust
4 eggs, whisked
¾ cup evaporated milk

     Place crust in quiche dish or pie plate. Pierce with a fork several times. Mix onion, mushrooms and both cheeses then sprinkle in crust. Mix eggs and evaporated milk and pour over the veggie and cheese mixture.

     Wrap the crust edges in foil. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes. The top of the quiche will begin to brown telling you it is done cooking.

     If you are feeding a group of carnivores (or hungry men), you can add a 1/3 cup of REAL bacon bits to the cheese mixture. The bacon is found near croutons and salad dressing in most stores.

     I don’t particularly care for the crust edges, so I cut them off after baking – this also eliminates having to wrap them in foil. Enjoy!

~jan



I have linked to...

Designs By Gollum

Dipity Road


It's a Blog Party




Get your craft on Thurs.
giveaways




Photobucket



inspired room



11 comments:

  1. ooohhh! That looks yummy! I must stop looking at blogs before breakfast!!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make something similar with mushrooms, feta cheese and spinach. I've taken to making it without a crust and calling it a frittata. Yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I just had sausage and swiss cheese fritata this morning. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe, your quiche looks delicious.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous post..looks delightfully yummy..fabulous!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quiche looks fabulous! Thanks for the recipe! I'm visiting with tidy mom, hope you visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious and it does look easy. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so nice and easy. I invite you to link it up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays carnival too if you'd like. Hope to see you!
    Melodie @ http://www.breastfeedingmomsunite.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this recipie this morning!! YUMMMY -- thanks so much for sharing and participating of course.

    Thanks! (rubbing my tummy)
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT!!! dish for breakfast or any meal.
    I have become a follow, come by and visit maybe you could do the same.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?