Thursday, February 24, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins

We love muffins at our house! I have even been called the Muffin Mom in years past. Here is the most popular recipe I use.

1 stick butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 large bananas mashed
2 cups flour
1/2 teas. salt
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 teas. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins with either non-stick spray or paper liners.

Beat butter, sugar, eggs and mashed bananas together. Toss in flour, salt, baking powder and soda and the milk, mix until dry ingredients are moist - not a good idea to over mix. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Using an ice cream scooper that has the lever fill muffin tins 2/3 way full. I like to place a pecan half to the top before baking, but in the pictures you will see I didn't; I forgot and crushed them all.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from tins immediately. Serve with last weeks Amish Breakfast Casserole.


I made a batch of multi-sized muffins for the various sizes of appetites I feed regularly. They are so yummy warm with a little butter melted inside - or not.
I have linked to some of these fabulous parties.
~jan

1 comment:

What do you think?