Looking for a pie alternative?
This is an excellent way to "spice" up your thanksgiving dessert.
I, however, am a pie lover so I am thinking I will make this just because:]
Who needs a reason for dessert?!
* 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
* 1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
* 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
* 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
1. Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.
3. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.
4. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl.
5. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
6. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
7. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight.
recipe provided by: http://www.squidoo.com/no-pie-thanksgiving-desserts