I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com, I seriously LOVE that site:]
It is the perfect autumn dinner and looks so pretty! Its easy and has the 'WOW' factor when you have guests over. A must try!!!
* 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 cup water
* 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 4 carrots, sliced
* 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
* 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
* 1 sugar pumpkin
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place beef in the saucepan and cook until evenly brown. Mix in the water, potatoes, carrots, green bell pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 2 hours.
2. Dissolve the bouillon into the beef mixture. Stir in the tomatoes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
4. Cut top off the pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp. Place the pumpkin in a heavy baking pan. Fill the pumpkin with the beef mixture. Brush outside of the pumpkin with remaining oil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven 2 hours, or until tender. Serve the stew from the pumpkin, scraping out some of the pumpkin meat with each serving.
Add some dinner rolls and you have a warm & delicious dinner!!!